Saturday, February 7, 2009

32/365, #123: Go Fish!

There were several people ice fishing on the frozen Greenbo Lake today. The air temperature was about 60 degrees, I wonder what the water temperature was?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you composed this a lot. Ice fishing when the temps are 60 or so seems sensible otherwise...

jo said...

Looks scary to me! If the air temp is 60, how soon before the ice melts down and breaks up?!

mljrbg said...

Okay...I get the ice fishing part, I wouldn't do it but I get it. Now my question is...there is a lot of surface that is shiny. If the temp is 60, is that melting ice and if so I hope he doesn't sit there too long!!

Debra said...

I'm a thinking that at 60* I wouldn't be ice fishing. Of course it is not on my list of things to do. Very nice shot!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I like your Greenbo Lake series, but this one I like best. Nice composition and having the fisherman adds perspective and human interest.

Anonymous said...

I really, really love the reflection of the bank in the snow. This is a very peaceful shot. I'm wondering if he's staring at the surface wondering how long it will be before he has to leave - or swim with the fishes!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this shot! The way the fisherman is positioned with his back to the camera makes it seem like we're right there next to him...