Friday, May 15, 2009

130/365, #182: Memories of Childhood

Click to see more detail.
Although this looks almost like a book, it's actually two sections (and two photos) of the floodwall murals in Portsmouth, Ohio where I grew up. I remember hanging out at several of these places as a child. (There is scaffolding set up on the left of the photo, I think they were cleaning some of the murals this day.)


6 comments:

Debra said...

Wonderful mural! And great shot of them.

Chesney said...

I like how you included the scaffeling in on this - It gives us an idea of it's size! Super memory - this is really cool!

Anonymous said...

That is just amazing! How creative of them to make it like an old photo album....

Anonymous said...

An ongoing history in pictures...a unique and brilliant idea. Your photo is terrific.

Anonymous said...

A great mural! Very clever and the snapshot album draws you in to each image. Love this photo.

Anonymous said...

What a unique mural! Imagine the time and planning it took - like a scrapbooking LO!