Monday, May 18, 2009

136/365, #331: Times Gone By


I saved my favorite for the last in my series of the Portsmouth Murals. It feels like you can walk right into the street pictured here. This is the main street in Portsmouth, Chillicothe Street, in the 1940s. Many of these buildings are still there (although the businesses they house have changed).
Click for a larger view.

9 comments:

mljrbg said...

It feels like I am standing on the street deciding which store to go into!! Beautiful mural. Great shot.

Chesney said...

This is my favorite too, so dimensional!!

Lorri said...

Your mural series is fantastic, Kim! I'm going to add this location to our driving list for weekend jaunts!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Fantastic art I agree, and I am so glad that you included the credits to the side telling us Where, By Who and When it was painted, and the era it depicts. I too love it.

Ms Katy said...

I have really enjoyed your mural series too! Such great artwork and I hope it stays that way! Super photos, Kim!

Clara said...

That is a beautiful mural. Great picture.

Anonymous said...

Just looking at the thumbnail, I thought it was a photograph! Very cool and no wonder you saved the best for last!

Anonymous said...

Now this one is my favorite too, what treasures, and well shot.

Anonymous said...

I can see why this is your favorite but I've enjoyed the whole series. Thanks for sharing it!