Sunday, January 18, 2009

15/365, #24: Bent

When we planted this Japanese Maple in our front yard several years ago, the trunk was as big around as my finger. It's grown round but not very tall (maybe 4 1/2 feet) and is really pretty and full in the summer. The trunk is definitely bent! (You've seen the bird's nest in another blog post.) This photo could also fit the snow theme.

7 comments:

Chesney said...

Cool looking "bent" tree - can hardly wait to see it in the summer.

Anonymous said...

Nice 'bones' to your tree, it should get more and more bent as it grows.

Ms Katy said...

I love trees without any leaves. The branches are so interesting and you can see a hope for Spring there! Nice shot, and tree!

Anonymous said...

I love Japanese maples. I bet yours is beautiful in the summer...

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, Kim. Japanese Maples around here still have their leaves, so this is very cool to see!

Pennyz Image Inn said...

I love this photo. It tells a story of the summers past....

Anonymous said...

Poor little tree. You won't even recognize it in another couple of months. I happen to think it looks beautiful this way also!