Friday, April 24, 2009

102/365, #335: Transparent

These pink seed pods caught my eye, I've never seen any this color before!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice shot Kim. Great Depth of Field.

Chesney said...

Love the colors and the way they hang!

Ms Katy said...

Very pretty and new to me too. Great shot.

Anonymous said...

We had a tree in our yard when I was a kid but I can't think of what type tree it was. Maple??? At any rate, the pods on it were white.

Esther said...

These look like the ones on our maple in shape, but not pink! Those wings blow in the wind and spread the seeds.

DART said...

so delicate looking! I've not seen them before either, but then again, I wasn't looking at things like I am now either! : ) Lovely photograph!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, delicate shot. Love the airiness of the shot and the lovely bokeh.

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely, the soft pink of what I'm pretty sure are newly forming maple seeds in that wonderful light you captured is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot! The light and color is just lovely.

I'm pretty sure they are maple seeds - here they are known as "helicopters" for the way they spin when they fall from the tree.

Anonymous said...

Good choice of theme, Kim!!! :) Love the shot!

Anonymous said...

Good choice of theme, Kim!!! :) Love the shot!