Monday, April 27, 2009

107/365, #305: Street Scene

This sign is on Hal Greer Blvd. in Huntington, WV in front of Old Main at Marshall University.

3 comments:

Chesney said...

Wow, you have info all over town! Another great shot!

BobbieCoughlin said...

I love Marshall University. I was there in October 1977 when I was a 4th year medical student. I did a pediatric rotation. Their med school had just been approved, but it wasn't opened yet. My photo ID was done as part of the medical school, though--and it was the first...so I was, in a way, Marshall's first medical student. Marshall was still recovering from the air disaster that killed the football team. The Thundering Herd was losing literally 56-0 and was sometimes called the Blundering Herd. I'd never been into football (coming frm NYC, where basketball and baseball were bigger), but the Herd won my heart. I was wearing a T-shirt that read THE HERD THUNDERS ON when my husband proposed to me back in NYC. I've realy been enjoying your photos of Marshall--it's brought back great memories.

Clara said...

Thanks for the pictures of Marshall University. I really enjoyed the movie.