This is the memorial at Spring Hill Cemetery in Huntington, West Virginia, to the Marshall University football team and others who died in a plane crash in November 1970. You might have seen or heard about the movie We Are Marshall starring Matthew McConaughey. I've added the inscriptions from the front and back of the memorial (click for larger view).
My next few blog posts will be from Marshall, my alma mater. Go Herd!


5 comments:
Touching but superb memorial, good take.
Great tribute - (not to mention one of my favorite movies)!!
A sobering tribute - a reminder of how fleeting life can be.
Looking at your photograph, I zeroed in on the monument, then took a look at the beautiful setting. Look at those clouds! I love clouds. Then you have the shadow of the tree in the foreground. Lots of interesting parts of the whole. I will be looking at your series, too.
My mother was a Marshall alumnus too - she left before graduating in about 1938.
Post a Comment